Louisiana is committed to our young women leaders
Each year AAUW Louisiana also supports efforts to send our Louisiana college student leaders to the National Conference For College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL).
Why are you so important and how can you help?
Active younger member participation is essential for the future of AAUW across the nation.
Get involved at the local, state and national level. Join and network via AAUW on Facebook and AAUW blogs. Get involved with women’s issues at your College or University or via alumni efforts. Start an AAUW Student Organization . on your campus.
Who would be interested?
- Anyone (men and women) interested in equity issues related to of women and girls.
- Those who agree with AAUW’s Public Policy Priorities and want to receive timely notification of important woman’s issues.
- College students who want some direction and a voice for their issues.
- College students awakening to a vast array of possibilities and also recognizing some of the many additional challenges women face.
- New graduates who might want direction and mentoring in their careers
- Working women who want to network with others.
- Young mothers tired of baby talk who want to have some intelligent conversation for a change
- Women who have just moved into the region wanting to meet people
- Women wanting to expand their social circle
Research and Data
Go to GeauxVote to check your voter registration OR REGISTER to VOTE!
On August 26, 1920 the passage of the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution gave women – after a long and hard struggle – the right to vote. Our votes remain a vital tool for shaping the policy issues that affect women every day.